Junko and Bola
How to Spend CHIPS Act $52B
Arijit Raychowdhury, Professor- Computer Engineering at Georgia Tech
RISC-V: Should You Join Open Hardware Group?
Rick O'Connor, president of Open Hardware Group
What Does the Future Hold for RISC-V?
Guest: Calista Redmond, RISC-V International CEO
Podcast: Qualcomm & Others: Why Buy a Stake in Arm?
Guest: Mike Feibus, president and principal analyst of FeibusTech
Podcast: China's EV/AV Markets on a Roll
Tu Le of Sino Auto Insights steers us through the nascent mobility sectors and considers potential potholes like future overcapacity.
Podcast: History's Lessons for High-Tech Hubris
Peter Norton, associate professor of history in the Department of Engineering and Society at the University of Virginia
Peter Norton is author of his latest book , Autonorama: The Illusory Promise of High-Tech Driving.
Podcast: Can AV Bill Do Right by People?
Phil Koopman, associate professor with the Carnegie Mellon University; Computer Engineering, and
Bill Widen, professor at the University of Miami School of Law
Podcast: Road to 5-Star DMS Rating
Guest: Colin Barnden, lead analyst at Semicast Research.
Podcast: Nvidia-Arm Deal Blatantly Infringes Antitrust Law
Guest: Mike Feibus, president and principal analyst of FeibusTech (Scottsdale, Arizona)
Podcast: Testing Does Not Equal Safety
Guest: Phil Koopman, associate professor at Carnegie Mellon University
We asked Phil: How do you prove safety for computer-based vehicles that depend on software?
Phil responds: Testing doesn't make you safe, it never has, and it never will. Not for software…The way you get safe is not by testing. You get there with safety engineering, doing the hazard analysis, making sure you mitigate hazards. [In short] testing doesn't prove you safe. The testing proves that all the work [you’ve done] for safety didn't let anything slip through.
Acronyms used during this episode:
- DMV: Department of Motor Vehicles
- CPUC: California Public Utility Commission]
- AAMVA: The American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators
- DoT: Department of Transportation· PennDoT: Pennsylvania Department of Transportation
- MISRA: Motor Industry Software Reliability Association
- ANPRM: Advance Notice of Proposed Rulemaking
- SAE J3018: Safety-Relevant Guidance for On-Road Testing of Prototype Automated Driving System-Operated Vehicles
- ISO 26262: Functional Safety
- ANSI/UL 4600: Standard for Safety for the Evaluation of Autonomous Products
- ISO 21448, also known as SOTIF (Safety of the Intended Functionality)
Podcast: Apple Car Hurry-Up Targets Apps & Service Developers
Guest: Colin Barnden, principal analyst at Semicast Research
Podcast: TSMC Adds 'Intellectual Supply Chain' With U.S. Fab
Guest: Arijit Raychowdhury, EE prof. at Georgia Tech
Podcast: The European Chips Act is a political pipe dream, lacks focus
Podcast: What's the State of Phase-change Memory?
Podcast: Nvidia's Declining Prospects
Download Transcript in PDF